Re: new web extensions - problems with domain pointing

by Bob Unger <rbu(at)akula.com>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:40:34 -0400
 To:  "Hwg-Business" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I also pre-registered an .info domain name with Network Solutions/Verisign
and they still have yet to notify me that I obtained the name.  Last week I
did a "Whois" on the domain name and it showed that   the name was
successfully registered by NetSol/Verisign in early September and I am
listed as the registrant, yet I haven't heard a peep from them.  A couple
of days ago I wrote to inforegistration(at)verisign.com asking what's up with
this but as of yet they have'nt replied.  Extremely frustrating.  I have 2
new domains that I want to register but I will be searching for
alternatives to NetSol/Verisign - not only for their lack of customer
courtesy but their price of $35 a year seems unnecessary when so many other
ICANN approved registrars offer it for less.

Bob Unger
rbu(at)akula.com