Re: Using magazine articles

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:11:56 -0700
 To:  "Debbie O'Meara" <domeara(at)QuixNet.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:21 PM 7/18/01 -0700, Debbie O'Meara wrote:
>She says that she's checked with colleagues who
>have articles on their sites and they all claim that there's no copyright
>problem, but I'm not convinced.

Couldn't be more wrong.  Copyright includes the right to reproduce and
display, among other rights.

>  She's offered to sign some kind of waiver
>for me so that I wouldn't be held responsible for copyright infringement.
>How have the rest of you dealt with this?

This should be all in your written web design agreement, assuming you have
a written web design agreement.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com