RE: Using magazine articles

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:17:10 -0700
 To:  "John Foliot - Another 4:00 AM Web Thing" <foliot(at)fouram.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:11 AM 7/21/01 -0400, John Foliot - Another 4:00 AM Web Thing wrote:
>Since the issue of copyright has arisen, what about "Public Domain" music
>which is then performed, on contract, to be used in a website?  In other
>words, if a musician is hired to perform a piece of classical music (80
>years old +) specifically by the developer, who owns the copyright? Are ther
>any limitations in the use of the contracted perfomance/music?

Read "The Use of Music on a Multimedia Web Site" on my site.  Click on
"Articles For Web Site Designers and Site Owners."  Also read "Work Made
For Hire Agreements" on my site.  Click on "Articles for Writers and
Publishers."

These are all based on United States law.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com