Re: Smart Tags

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:32:05 -0700
 To:  "Armando Trevino" <fbcn(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:02 PM 8/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Do you see this as a problem?
>
>Thanks in advance for your opinions.
>
>Armando Trevino, Editor, FBCN
>http://www.emailexchange.org/?sig

Armando

I would rather not see this discussion heat up again, but its other's
choices to discuss this further or not.

However, to explain why I say again, it was beaten to death on the HWG
Techniques list a couple of months ago. I would suggest looking at the
archives for that list for rather lengthy details on how we felt about it
(majority pretty much blasted it) and how it can supposedly be turned off
with meta tags.

Then again, maybe not. I tried to find appropriate search parameters for
you, and it seems the whole chunk of mail got lost and is not in archives.
June is rather shortened it seems.

So here is a list of other articles on the issue I saved off from that
discussion.

"An assortment of articles on smart tags garnered from another list:
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6210768.html?tag=mn_hd
http://public.wsj.com/sn/y/SB991862595554629527.html
http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2771967,00.html
http://www.zdnet.com/intweek/stories/columns/0,4164,2772297,00.html
http://www.dashes.com/anil/index.php?blogarch/2001_06_01_archive.php#3968661
http://davenet.userland.com/2001/06/07/mossbergOnsmartTags
http://www.scripting.com/
http://www.scripting.com/images/smarttagsByScoble.gif
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/166676.html
http://www.microsoft.com/officedev/xp_06_2001/odc_stwebpages.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/xp/smarttags.asp
http://www.officesmarttags.com/
from Freda

Enjoy the reading.

Kimiko Drew
kimiko(at)kimiko1.com
http://www.kimiko1.com
a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg