Re: Question Regarding legal rights of a Web Site

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:21:38 -0700
 To:  "Nick Ciantro" <nc(at)pyrotechsystems.com>,
"HWG Business List" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:18 PM 8/22/2001 -0400, Nick Ciantro wrote:

>With these facts alone, would they have any grounds for trying to take
>control of the site?  Is there anything else we can do to help protect
>ourselves, such as registering the site name with the state as a business
>name?  Copyrights?

This is much too complex a question for non-lawyers.  Get a good
intellectual property attorney knowledgeable about Internet law.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com