Re: To give up copyright to client or not

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:17:12 -0700
 To:  "Said Rouhani" <info(at)srwebcreations.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:15 PM 9/26/2001 -0400, Said Rouhani wrote:
>I am not sure if I should give my clients full copyright to their Web =
>sites, or reserve the copyright for myself. What is the recommended =
>choice, and why?

There are an extensive number of articles on my site dealing with web
design agreements.  Frankly, ownership of copyright is but one of many,
many other provisions that impact on how much money you make, what rights
you retain etc. etc.  What is more important than the mere issue of
copyright ownership are the contractual provisions that impact on that
copyright ownership.  And frankly as well, if this is your only concern you
are probably missing many other issues.

Read "The Transfer of Rights in a Web Design Agreement" among many other
such articles.  Click on "Articles For Web Site Designers and Site Owners."

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com