Re: Privacy policy and copyrights docs

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Tue, 02 Oct 2001 08:48:24 -0700
 To:  <bjornvs(at)bvsenterprises.com>,
"HWG Business" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:48 AM 10/2/2001 -0400, Bjorn Van Simaeys wrote:
>Hello,
>

>I would like to add a privacy policy document and a copyright document to my
>website. Under IE6, the browser gives you a warning when the visited site
>does not have a privacy policy.
>
>Does anyone have good examples (or some template) of those two documents
>that I could base mine on?

There are a number of articles on my site under the link "Articles About
Privacy" you should read.  You cannot simply copy and paste someone else's
policies since they have to be tailored to the specifics of your business
model.  The consequences for a wrong privacy policy can be quite severe as
the articles indicate.

As to copyright, there is little value in such notices.  The value comes in
registration of your site and its contents.  Read "Do I Need to Register My
Copyrights?"  Click on "Articles for Writers and Publishers."

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com