Re: Video ownership problems

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:23:17 -0800
 To:  Kef Moulton <kef(at)desoto.net>,
Hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:36 AM 10/30/2001 -0500, Kef Moulton wrote:

>My brother's stand is that the videos are no different than a
>photographer's work and is therefore my brother is protected under
>copyright laws.  The company is saying that this was not an implied right
>and that my brother should have given "full disclosure".

Your brother should read the numerous articles on my site dealing with
relationships between independent contractors and clients.  Click on
"Articles for Writers and Publishers."  But your brother has some potential
problems dealing with the tapes under any circumstances.  Read "Rights of
Privacy" on my site.  Click on "Articles About Privacy."

Moral: no thorough written contracts= legal problems.  Moral 2: attempting
to "save" money, both parties now face expensive legal costs that more than
eat up the "savings."

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com