Re: Reselling?

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:16:19 -0800
 To:  "Brandon Coughlin" <bcoughlin(at)urx.com>,
"HWG-Business(at)hwg.org" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:51 AM 3/20/2002 -0800, Brandon Coughlin wrote:
>Quick question -
>
>Can anyone tell me what legal issues (if any) surround a reseller agreement?
>Example: if I were to allow someone such, as a printing firm, to resell my
>services to their clients, can you think of any legal issues that I should
>be concerned about? Is a contract necessary?

The term is not self defining.  Read "Strategic Alliances" on my
site.  Click on "Articles About Being an Entrepreneur."

There are many, many, MANY forms of reseller agreement and ALL should be in
the form of a valid, written signed agreement.    If you are talking about
"reselling" design services, there are many, many, MANY legal and business
issues that can arise including but not limited to a whole bunch of issues
around rights, payments etc.  Without a valid, written and signed agreement
by all parties, you can leave yourself open to litigation and other claims.

Also read "Set To Fail" on my site on the same link.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com