Re: Web design set-up

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Wed, 03 Apr 2002 04:58:32 -0800
 To:  "David Pippen" <pipwax(at)attbi.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:27 PM 3/30/2002 -0800, David Pippen wrote:

>Hello All
>
>      My name is David and I would like to know if anyone would know of =
>any books, sites , or info that I can use to set-up a webdesign site.

You should start by reading the many, many articles on my site under the
link "Articles For Web Site Designers and Site Owners."  Keep in mind that
in the business of intellectual property rights, which is the business you
are in even though you are a web designer, legally appropriate contracts
are *not* add-ons to your business, something you do *if* you have any
money left over; legally appropriate contracts *are* your
business.  Without a thorough and valid contract, what you have is nothing
but an illusion.  It only *appears* you are in business but in reality, you
are not since given a controversy between you and the other party, you risk
losing your rights and the money that goes along with those rights.

This reply is not considered legal advice and does not create any attorney
client relationship.
IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com