Re: e-commerce

by Norman Bunn <norman.bunn(at)craftedsolutions.com>

 Date:  Thu, 09 May 2002 08:30:46 -0400
 To:  Lori <lorrie652(at)icehouse.net>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lori,

Here is what PayPal says regarding the limit:

"Accounts which have been in the system for less than four months are=20
limited to withdrawing $500 per month from their PayPal account. A month is=
=20
counted from the time the PayPal account is opened (e.g. May 15 to June=20
15). After the first 4 months of PayPal membership, the Withdrawal Limit is=
=20
removed.The Withdrawal Limit can be removed by authenticating your=20
identity. To authenticate your identity, you must complete two of the=20
following three steps: =B7Add and confirm a bank account =B7Enter your=
 Member=20
Number =B7Confirm your Social Security Number"

That said, the $500 limit would not apply after 4 months or after=20
confirming the account (a simple process that takes 2-3 days).  Also, you=20
can set up his PayPal account using his e-mail address, not yours.

I find PayPal very convenient for small commercial sites.
Norman