Re: Website ownership

by Doug Isenberg <disenberg(at)GigaLaw.com>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:28:40 -0400
 To:  "dale" <dale(at)daleznet.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
         Here's an excerpt from my book, "The GigaLaw Guide to Internet
Law," published TODAY by Random House!

         "...the creator of a copyrightable work (such as a website) is by
law deemed to be the owner of the copyright rights in the work unless the
work qualifies as a 'work made for hire' or the creator has assigned (that
is, transferred) its rights in writing to someone else (such as the
company)."  (p. 281)

         To learn more about the book from which this quote is excerpted,
see http://www.GigaLaw.com/guide

         To learn more about copyright ownership issues, see this page on
the GigaLaw.com website:
http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/copyright-ownership.html

Doug Isenberg
Attorney at Law
Editor & Publisher, GigaLaw.com (http://www.GigaLaw.com)
Author, "The GigaLaw Guide to Internet Law" (Random House, October 2002)
(http://www.GigaLaw.com/guide)