Re: FW: what to put on your site?

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:29:04 -0700
 To:  "Steve Devoti" <steve.devoti(at)worldnet.att.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>What other information should I provide? By providing this information
>does it offer me any protection without a signed contract?

The relationship between designer/developer and client is a very complex
one, especially if you are doing a site with more than a couple of pages
and with deliverables etc. There are many, *many* issues that have to be
covered in a written agreement and you should absolutely not operate
without such an agreement.  Otherwise you may find yourself posting one of
those "I've been stiffed and what can I do" posts that appear on this list
with regularity.  And of course it never matters...until it matters.

This reply is not legal advice and does not create any attorney client
relationship.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Web Design Law, Fine
Art Law, Corporate Training and Online Education Law, Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com