Re: Getting Revenge on Delinquent Clients

by Queezle(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:16:43 EST
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org,
kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com,
Masotti(at)MasottiLand.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Frank, Kynn, and list,

    Removing the site of a client who refuses to pay is hardly revenge. I
would akin it to repossessing an automobile or foreclosing on a home. You
have designed a site on credit and if they refuse to pay you, at the least,
retain the rights to your site. Perhaps Ivan would have some to say about
"repossessing" a web site.
    I responded off-list as well, but what about deleting the DNS information
for this clients site. Or maybe modifying it to redirect visitors to a small
page that explained this site has been removed due to delinquent payment. I'd
bet that would be a big hit with any potential customers. This is simple to
do, but what about the legalities? Does anyone have any insight as to what,
if any, legal action this client could take against you. I would akin this to
posting bounced checks on the wall of a physical store. Basically, you are
publicizing the fact that this client is a poor credit risk, do the courts
see it similarly?

My $.02,
Chris Wheeler

Chris Wheeler Web Designs