Re: Spammers and web hosting

by DScha97041(at)aol.com

 Date:  Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:32:51 EST
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

In a message dated 1/6/00 4:30:16 PM, pithon(at)shknet.com writes:

>How many SPAMMERS would actually be sending out hundreds of thousands of
>pieces of snail mail, given the costs involved?  Very few, if any.  They
>send out SPAM e-mail because it costs them very little.  So to say that
>SPAM mail via the Internet help clean up the environment just doesn't
>cut it.

I agree with your statment and would like to add something.
Not to change the subject, but why would anyone think that by useing the
internet
is better for the environment? I guess there is less paper. But what about
the PCB's in capacitors and the solvents that are used in making parts. Not
to mention all the freon(freeze mist) that has been used in the past to fix
electronics. It would be better to say we are using less paper and leave it
at that.

Dick