Re: convert images to VR

by Paul Sciortino <paul(at)hieroglyphs.net>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:16:47 -0600
 To:  "Robert Clendaniel" <robert(at)baylogic.com>,
hwg-business(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Robert,

Making inward-directed VR object movies isn't difficult, and although I haven't done it, I think the same is true of outward-directed VR movies. Depending on your platform, you may find free software available to stitch together the images.

Try looking around at http://www.edb.utexas.edu/teachnet/qtvr/ and
http://www.learningspace.org/qtvr/equip.html for starters. Also, http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/ and the related FAQ at http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/FAQ.html are for VR panaroma (outward) VR movies.

Hope this helps (and maybe saves you a little money on outsourcing).
-Paul

>A client has asked for a VR 'movie' of a series of interior
>rooms.  He is supplying the photo images.
>
>We don't have the capacity in-house to convert the scanned images
>into a VR clip.  Are there firms that can do this on a spot-work
>basis?

Paul Sciortino
paul(at)hieroglyphs.net
218-724-4763

http://Hieroglyphs.net  -- For people interested in the
language and literature of ancient Egypt.