Re: Keeping track of time

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Mon, 8 May 2000 16:05:32 -0700
 To:  WebProgrmr(at)aol.com,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Do you use software to keep track of time spent on various parts of your
>projects?

In a somewhat different twist on your question, I use a Palm program
called AllTime (Iambic Software, www.iambic.com) to track time I
spend on behalf of clients. The obvious advantage is that it's as
portable as your Palm. It is extremely well designed with tons of
very intuitive shortcuts to make it easy to enter Client, Task,
comments; accounts for different rates for different tasks, projects,
or clients; and includes a timer function.

A special export function outputs your data in a form that can be
easily input to spreadsheet or database; and Iambic has desktop
software that links to AllTime records.

I am not related to Iambic; I just like their software.

Moe Rubenzahl