Re: Network Solutions phone number

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:09:11 -0700
 To:  " l i s a" <lsmarion(at)acs3.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Been there! What a hassle. I ended up asking on a list server, as you
have. My conclusion was that phone is painful. What I ended up doing
is setting up an e-mail account that matched what the previous person
had and had the account route to me. Then I was able to confirm their
transmissions.

If you do need to phone, here is what someone sent me:

Another person said:

>Ideally you would go to this form:
>http://www.networksolutions.com/makechanges/fax/contact.html and fill in the
>blanks, but it sounds like this may not be working for you.
>
>Here's a solution that works for me in the unusual situation where doing
>things by hand is the last resort. Attached is a form I use for clients
>whose registered e-mail address is no longer applicable.
>
>Remove the sentence "Must be printed..." from the form and print the form on
>your letterhead (the letterhead of the registered owner of the domain name).
>
>Since you have been e-mailing Network Solutions (NSI), they have probably
>given you a Tracking Number.  Write that where indicated (this form must
>have a tracking number or they will ignore it).
>On line 0c. put your new e-mail address.
>On line 2. put your domain name.
>On line 1a. put your NIC handle.
>On line 1l. put your new e-mail address and next to that in parenthesis put
>"(Old e-mail address:  ) and put the one that's registered with NSI.
>On line 3b. put your new e-mail address.
>Fill out every blank line and sign where indicated, and fax it to Network
>Solutions.  Here is their emergency fax number:  703-834-1852
>
>I suggest that you call Network Solutions daily to follow-up on your faxed
>request, lest it get lost or forgotten (which sometimes happens).
>
>Best of luck,
>
>Linda Titus, Net Sites
>http://www.net-sites.net

Here is the summary I posted after the dust had settled:

Subject: Network Solutions phone number
Author:   l  i  s  a
Date: 7/28/00 3:57 PM -0700