RE: opinions please?

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:01:36 -0400
 To:  <vickio(at)ezy.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Vicki wrote about her first paying web page:

<snip>I think it stinks!

That's a bit strong!

I think you are correct that you're heading in a better direction with the
second site. However, that blue background is too loud for me. Blinking text
really has to go - there are few places it really works.

I'd reconsider using Arial. It isn't a very exciting font. Clean and
precise, but you want something a *little* more dramatic from the tone of
the text.

Do we 'service' or 'serve' our customers?

You've done a nice job making the specials page look like more than one. I'd
stick with the color text  you use for the first package - the blue isn't so
easy to read against the background as the red. And the red could be
darker -  try 99 instead of CC and see what you think.

All those nested <UL>s to get some indented text! CSS is of course the way
to deal with this properly, but in the meantime a table would do you.

<DIV ALIGN=CENTER>
<TABLE ALIGN=CENTER CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=5 BORDER=0 WIDTH="30%">
<TR><TD COLSPAN=2 ALIGN=LEFT>Have a Heavenly vacation</TD></TR>
<TR><TD></TD><TD>. . . and a Devil of a good time</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</DIV>

Some version of the above should work fine. Play with Cellpadding/spacing
values to keep the first cell in the second row wide enough, in effect, to
push the second cell to the right to get your indent. Might need to alter
the width percentage as well.

Hope this is of help - Good luck,
Michael Gerholdt