RE: national resources

by "Ford McCormack" <fomcco(at)visi.net>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:41:08 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Killian

(PII/266, Netscape 4.5, 1152x864, 32-bit)

Just a couple of minor things.

I don't suppose it really matters a lot, but at 1152x864 the page kinda
sprawls across the screen and (I think) spoils your carefully crafted
effect. Seems to me that last time I used frames (which was a while ago, I
admit), I found that Netscape did a poor job of controlling frame width, but
I was able to get my frames to stop spreading by putting a third column on
the right side with either nothing or a blank GIF in it. The third column
soaked up the extra space and my real frames stayed the size I wanted.

Also, you might want to reword "National Resources is always accepting...."
people frequently use "is always..." to refer to other people's bad habits.
Maybe "always accepts...."

Graphics create a nice ambience, although I'm not sure what they are
supposed to be telling me, if anything. If it were I, I would trim the
sideburn on the young man in the computer screen

Cheers

Ford McCormack