RE: Heavy Biz Critique

by "Atticus Longwalker" <lngwlkr(at)netnitco.net>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:57:01 -0500
 To:  "'HWG Critique List'" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Kris,
  For a professional web page designers home page, I think you need to sell
yourself more than keep people informed of what you have done to your site.
Give links to other pages you have done (if any. if you dont have any to
link to, they are going to look at this site as the only test of your
abilities as a webmaster).  MY experience, is if people want something like
a homepage done, they dont care how you did yours, they want to know you
will do theirs.
 The Links column needs a little more space between each row.
 You have a little sign saying "Coming October 1st".  My suggestion is to
put a break in between it and your green table.
 Also, If you are in the business of making web pages, why are you showing
people how to make their own?
 On the second page from the beginning, your ICQ panel is showing you
constantly online.
   On your advertise me page, "thankyou" needs a space between words,
intrest should be interest.

  You dont exactly make it attractive to adverise for you.  And offering
someone a mystery prize for emailing you at a certain time of day I dont
believe is going to be enough to draw people in.
  There should be a comma after the word "day" in the line "If you mail me
at a certain time of the day you can win prizes."
  On your awards page, the last award is a broken link, plus they are all on
the left half of the screen.
  I was kind of suprised to see Canada in the "You live here" part of your
email form. I am assuming you live there.  It is nice to see something
besides US in there.  The space for the body is way too big.  Since you are
allowing it to be scrolled, it needs to be half the size it is.

On your Links for all page, you misspelled appropriate (left off the "e").
There should be a comma between "porn" and "hatred" and between "Hatred" and
"ect".  Have some friends go in there and throw their links in so the page
doesnt seem as empty.  That may also entice others to submit theirs.

Your "Add to list" page also shows you on ICQ. Also you never give the name
of the list. You may want to have a bit more in depth description of your
list on this page than you have on your info page.

Your   "Sign Up" page brought up a security error. "The name on the security
certificate does not match the name of the site."  If people see this, they
will run!

The botique page, your graphic is off center.  You also may want to go over
your packages again in case the vistor has forgotten what they want.  Also
instead of the command "Fill out form please" you may want to change that to
"Please fill out the following form". Below this command the word
"quanitity" should be spelled "quantity".  You have packages 1,2,3, and 5.
What happened to 4?  Also why does someone need to give you their CC # for
package 5 if you are not going to bill them?

For the frames pages, you have the same links overhead as you do on the left
side.  Superfluous and redundant. :-)  also they are not in the same order.

Lastly,  Why do you have the LE site counter so far down on your splash
screen?

Hope this is what you wanted,
Atticus Longwalker