RE: critique of website

by "Demitrius" <iam(at)demitrius.com>

 Date:  Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:38:55 -0800
 To:  "Satch Reed" <sfreed(at)doubled.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Satch,

Site critiqued:  http://www.reedwebdesign.com
Viewed with a P133, 48kbps, 640x480 @24 bit, MSIE 4.0

My first impression is that the logo is too large. The mouseOvers seem
sluggish; they don't respond quickly. The java app banner took too long to
load and does not enhance this page at all. There are other, smaller and
quicker java apps available if you must use one.

The rest of the website scrolls (horiz) at my screen rez; it's a little
annoying.

I'd like to see other images in addition to your logo. Speaking of the logo,
the "r", it needs to be anti-aliased. Right now it's suffering from the
jaggies, big time.

I'd redesign your contact.htm page to make use of forms. I have found that
visitors are many times more likely to fill out a forms based page rather
than make use of an email link. Yes, I know they are functionally the same.
But, I'm guessing that people are more apt to respond if they are prompted
(name, address, email) instead of looking at a blank compose mail window.

IMO, full contact info should be included at the bottom of every page.

Candidly, this website was not compelling. It's rather plain. It's a start,
but it has a way to go, especially since you are promoting your skills as a
website designer. Keep at it.

Best,
Demitrius >I<