RE: Critique Please

by "Jen Heneberry" <jen(at)jenworks.on.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 1999 22:42:27 -0500
 To:  "HWG-Critique List (E-mail)" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"'Brian Coyle'" <briancoyle(at)mailcity.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Brian!

Checked out your site.

Colour scheme is very nice, the text is easy to read on the blue
backgrounds.  I like the varying colour scheme throughout the different
pages - especially the black on white for reading the script - less
distractions is best.  You may want to make the text white on the summary
page, I find yellow hard to read - however, not everyone may have this
problem.

Photos are great quality, and download time is still very low.  Well done!

Title graphics are very well done also.

However, one large complaint is the midi music.  I dislike midis on pages a
lot - I find that it detracts from an otherwise wonderful site.  If given
the choice, I will always choose no music.  Even when I go to fan sites like
this, and the music is from the movie, I get really frustrated, and may not
return unless absolutely necessary.  This is compounded by the fact that the
music restarts whenever you get to the front page.

I realize I am totally biased against midis, where many others do not care
one way or the other.  However, I have found that many people either love
them or hate them - no in betweens - this may be a factor to consider for
first time visitors to the site.  That may be one thing you wish to
reconsider - I think the site would look fine without it.

There are the typical limitations that appear with all geocities sights (the
annoying popup no matter which page you load) but that really has nothing to
do with your site. :)

The "recrystallizing static" that appears whenever you go back to the main
page gets slightly tiresome when moving throughout the site. Especially when
the popup geocities windows comes up - it seems to cause a "stutter" in the
reloading of the front page that is annoying and takes a relatively long
time compared to the initial loading of the page.

Content wise - the summary page is a great idea.  I wish I had that
available to me when I read Romeo and Juliet in High School. :)

Hope this information is useful to you.

Jen