RE: A little disappointed:(

by "John Woram" <jworam(at)msn.com>

 Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:23:51 -0500
 To:  <DrDougFL(at)aol.com>,
<stealer(at)powernet.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> http://www.yourevents.com/freemoney/

About the above site (and others), Doug wrote "I wish that these web experts
(and they ARE experts) in graphical design and analysis would learn that it
takes more than a pretty picture to sell something on a web site. It takes a
command of the English language than they do not know as well as their HTML
coding (smile)."

AMEN!! I haven't said much here either, but there are those sites out there
that look like they were written by someone who doesn't speak the language
very well. That's OK -- there's a zillion languages that I don't speak well
either, but if I were going to put up a page in one of them, I'd run it past
someone who could check the basic grammar, spelling and whatever. FWIW,
there's a minor error in the quoted section above, and it's the kind of
thing that we all do when writing quickie messages. But such glitches must
be fixed before being committed to a public web page. There's a few such
problems on the URL link above. I don't suppose they drive viewers away, but
they don't help attact them either.

[end of sermon]