RE: Church Site Critique

by "Atticus Longwalker" <lngwlkr(at)netnitco.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:19:15 -0600
 To:  "HWG_Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
<Heath272(at)aol.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

Stats: 56k, IE5, 800X600, high color.

Bad first:

1. EXTREMELY slow loading. If I was at this site for anything else than this
critique, I would have left before the second graphic was half loaded. Pics
are dark and hard to see.

2. Font isnt proper for the background.  ie very difficult to read and
strains the eyes.

3. Calander of events is not current, and that suggests the site is not
updated regularly.

4. Calander also does not have the bottom banner and copyright info
centered.

5. Bulletin looks scanned in ...very tiny text, and requires right
scrolling.

6. Pics of people on current happenings look blurry..like they were over
manipulated.

7. Background is not consistent throughout the site.  Breaks continuity.

8. Contact info doesnot allow clicking to send an email.

9. Seems like way too many graphics throughout the whole site.  More
content, less graphics.

10. Pet peeve...I hate clicking a link, waiting for a page to load and then
seeing no content, instead a coming soon sign.  deactivate the link if there
is no content to see.

11. Again Pics... Staff pics are blurry and look overmanipulated.

Good:

1. Bottom banner doesnt change everytime you go to a different page.

2. Fairly easy to get around.