RE: Critique of web site

by "Marion Podolski" <marion(at)podolski.com>

 Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:00:29 -0700
 To:  "Amy & Luis Velazquez" <avelazquez(at)integrityonline15.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Amy wrote...
> Please visit my web site: http://www.eolusa.com/avelazquez/index.html and
answer the following questions:
>   1.. Is it pleasing to the eye?=20
Yes, very. Nice layout - the structure and use of white space is good - easy
to read and definitely pleasing.

>   2.. Do I need more graphics, more color?=20
I'd say it needs a highlight color. The combination is nice, but doesn't
exactly stand out. I'm not a graphic artist, but my suggestion would be
limited use of a different, brighter color (e.g. dark red, or purple, or
anything that stands out a bit). There's a bit too much sameness about the
grey/blue/black combination.
It could probably also do with more graphics, since you're selling your
ability to design. Other than the home page, I didn't see any images.

>   3.. How long does it take to download?=20
Very fast. No problems there.

>   4.. Can you navigate the site easily?=20
Yes.

>   5.. Is it professional?=20
The artwork and overall design certainly are. To me, the wording doesn't
flow very easily, and looks a bit uncomfortable. What you really need is
someone who's in Marketing to help you out with selling yourself. It's
something that doesn't come easily to most of us!

>   6.. What is your overall impression of the site?=20
I'm in two minds about it! It looks pleasing, but lacks punch.

>   7.. If  you were looking for a Web Designer to design your web site,
what would you like to see on this web site?=20
I'd like to see what the designer is capable of, what services she/he
offers, and how to contact them.

>   8.. Any suggestions, or recommendations?
 The HTML links and CSS links look useful for web designers, but not for
your target audience of people who want to hire you as a designer. Keep it
focused.

Hope that helps

Marion

MSIE 4.01, NN 4.51, 56k modem, 24 bit Color, 1280x1024 with Large Fonts