RE: Critique request for MidEast Dispatch

by "Atticus Longwalker" <lngwlkr(at)netnitco.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:39:59 -0500
 To:  "HWG_Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Donna,
  Overall a nice site.  Load time was fair, good navigation, colors were
pleasent and not overbearing.

Bad stuff:

Many of your articles were repeated in completely different sections.  I
would put them only in the most appropriate section.

you are providing the whole story in the first page.  I would change this
and only provide a snippet (sp?) of the article plus provide a link to see
the rest of the story.  This will cut down on the size of the first page.
Hate that banner in the bottom frame.  Three reasons:  first it throws off
the balance of the page, and second, each time a banner loads, it dumps the
last one and is constantly showing an empty space while the new one loads.
They could be loaded all at once if you must keep it there. 3rd, it makes
using the back button on the browser a real pain in the duppa because each
advertisement is going into history of the back button.

suggestions   move the banner to a different location... say take out the
frame, and put it at the bottom of each page.  Have the banner load all the
different graphics at one time instead of each one sepereatly as it changes.
cut down on the size of the first page by providing an excerpt from each of
the headlines.

HTH,
Atticus Longwalker