RE: Request two site critiques

by "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:43:01 -0400
 To:  "Monica" <monica(at)sff.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1.  Nice opening page.  I like the color scheme and graphics.  There's a lot
of white space at the top; I'd try to close it up.  Also, you can see
background behind the diamonds.  Try making them transparent GIF files.

2.  Looks like there are different fonts on your button graphics.

3.  It's a long scroll on your newsletter page.  Consider making the
headings at the top of the page anchor links to the separate sections of the
page, with "To Top" links after each section.

4.  Pick a contrasting color for your hyperlinks.  People tend to look for
blue, but that might not stand out much with the purple type.

5.  This is just a personal preference, but I like to use the TARGET =
_BLANK attribute of the <A> tag when linking to a page outside of my site.
That way, if they decide to surf around on the new site and close their
browser, my site is still waiting for them in another window.

6.  The My Books page is too wide to fit in the window at 800x600, and you
have to scroll horizontally.  Same with the author spotlight page.

7.  The "Moving from prepublished to published" page doesn't have the same
nice look as the others.

All in all I think it's a really nice site.  Loads quickly, nice to look at,
gets the point across.

Hope this helps,
Mike Eovino
Webmaster