RE: website critique

by "Nick Papageorge" <npapageorge(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sun, 2 May 1999 16:54:08 -0700
 To:  <smitty16901(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tom,

	Don't know if what I'm going to say has already been said, but I can't not
say it!
	JavaScript Prompt: BAD.  Especially on a professional site.  Unless you can
put something like the @home service has (you can click and add your name IF
YOU SO CHOOSE), get rid of it.
	I normally play music on my computer, and have my WAV volume up decently
high, especially when nothing else is going.  Needless to say I would not
mind coming there and shooting you for placing that wav that scared the
bejeebers out of me!!!  It's just as bad when people have MIDI files on
their site and the give me a heart attack at like, 2-3am, not funny, not
cool.
	As for the overall look of your site, I'll be honest:  Blech.  If this is
your first try, it's not horrible.  But with the Javascripting and whatnot,
you have to have been doing this for even a little while.  Arrange stuff so
it's not scattered all over the place, it looks very unorganized, and I'm
sure you don't want that for a professional page.  The green got worse
further into the pages, and ANOTHER WAV!!  Argh.  Horizontal scroll bar!
I'm on a cable modem, and the page is still loading, this should not be!
	I would go through the rest of the site, but I think you need to, and
please don't take this the wrong way, learn a bit more on how to design
websites.  Get rid of any flashing GIFs, unless they are tasteful (and if
you find any that meet this, let me know!).  And just start with a basic
white background page, go from there and begin the design.  Look at other
sites, improve on what they've done.  I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but
if people don't tell you the truth, you'll get nowhere.

Hope this helps!

Nick Papageorge