RE: Commercial Critique

by "Marion Podolski" <marion(at)podolski.com>

 Date:  Sun, 7 Feb 1999 15:39:59 -0800
 To:  <cn(at)tryne.com>,
"HWG-CRITIQUE" <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Catherine,

I'm afraid I can't help you much with your JavaScript question, since I'm
new to that myself. But I did look at your site with IE 4.0 and NN 4.04, and
I have a couple of comments/suggestions.

Firstly, it looks very good, very professional and corporate with that
colour scheme. The navigation as you already have it works well on both
browsers. Load time was OK.

Now, I found it difficult to see the mouseover effect. In fact, I was
originally going to suggest that a mouseover would improve the navigation
bar. But then I looked at your code and saw that you are already doing it!
So, my suggestion now is to make the MouseOver effect more distinctive!

Another suggestion is to break up the projects page, it's quite long. It may
be more impressive to show a quick summary list as a first view, allowing
viewers to select a project to see more details.

As to frames and search engines - yes, the robots have difficulty finding
any words to match on the frameset page. Perhaps if you had some content in
the NOFRAMES section?

I hope someone else answers your JavaScript problem - I'm interested too!!!

Good Luck with your site

Marion