RE: Biographies

by gmiller(at)gatewayone.com (Gail Miller)

 Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:33:10 -0500
 To:  "'Ken Lanxner'" <klanxner(at)home.com>,
"'htmlcritique'" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Hi. I first asked for critique of my site a couple of months
> ago. Since
> then I have done a *major* remodel, largely thanks to your great
> comments. Now it's time to resubmit the site to your critical eyes.

Hi...

I didn't see the first one, but I think this is splendid. I didn't object to
the yellow and gray on the main page until someone else mentioned it, but I
think maybe next time you revise, you might use the table borders as you
have elsewhere. color some of them in if you want to add a little piazz. I'm
looking with IE5 -- and I'm w-a-y behind in my Web work -- so I don't know
if Netscape now shows table colors or not but I guess you could get around
that with your javascript.

My major suggestion would be to make the title a little stronger. You seem
to be striving for a "quiet" look so I'm not thinking 3D lettering but some
kind of "art" type or even a slow zoom with the word "Lives" going from
small to large or vice versa.

It's such a good idea for a site and great title, I feel it should get a
little more attention. JMHO.

I like it a lot.

Gail Miller