Re: critique wanted

by "Jayne" <Jayne(at)skyline-design.com>

 Date:  Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:43:29 -0800
 To:  <nathan(at)ncyoung.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Nathan,
I'm using IE 6 on a DSL connection.
Nice clean site. Loaded reasonably fast. That said,  here are my aesthetic
comments, FWIW--JMO....
It bothers me that the top logo is slightly larger than the rest of the page
content. It's so close in size that I would either match it up or make it
way longer.
Also, I like the monochromatic color scheme, but it seems to cry out for
some depth, maybe a shadow effect around the main white boxes or around the
main text?
The ncyoung.com is sitting a little low and further disturbs the sense of
alignment.

The whiteboxes on the side - Again my brain seems to want the categories:
box to be in alignment with the bottom of the main Welcome to NCYoung.com
box.

You have kind of a mish-mash of upper case-lower case stuff going on all
over as well as a couple different fonts and sizes. This in itself is not a
bad thing, but coupled with the out of alignment and stark white boxes makes
it look  like things were just kind of randomly placed.

I really like what you did for the Town of Bridgeville for sale, a small
blurb and then Details... It would be nice to see that for the rest of your
articles, I think it scrolls down way too far.

Overall nice job, love the background.
Jayne
Skyline Design