RE: CRITIQUE REQUEST: Splash and Main Page of New Design for Non-Profit Website

by "Atticus Longwalker" <lngwlkr(at)netnitco.net>

 Date:  Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:40:34 -0500
 To:  "'HWG Critique List'" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Kevin,
  I have to agree... get rid of the name prompt.  It took 57 seconds to
load. I have a 56 k connection, and I didnt see that much content on there
that should have taken that long except that humongous banner at the top.
  Next on the splash page, both of your paragraphs are one sentence long.
The first paragraph has enough info in it to break it up to about 3
sentences.

OH my, the main page took 100 seconds to fully load.  Maybe your server is
slow? While you have a lot of graphics on the page, It shouldnt have taken
that long.  Are the question marks after your links really required?  To me
they seem unnecessary, add to the d/l time, and actually detract from the
page since they are not all directly after a link.

The basic layout is nice, it is easy to read.

I am using IE 4, at 800X600 resolution
HTH
:-)
Bob