RE: Critique Please

by "Ford McCormack" <fomcco(at)visi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:37:33 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jayne

(Netscape 4.5, 1152x864, 32-bit)

Very nicely done.

Home page: The two home page graphics are beautiful, but they really spread
out at higher resolutions. I wonder if it would work to tie them together in
some very simple way. Maybe just a shaded line or something?

I don't like textured backgrounds, but that's just me. At least yours is
relatively inoffensive.

I wonder if you shouldn't say a little something about your business on the
home page.

You have both contact and e-mail pages. Redundant?

I find "webmistress" a bit precious, like "aviatrix" or "comedienne."

Design page: "Straightforward" is one word.

Portfolio page: "Worldwide" is one word. "Ten" is customarily spelled out.
Also, you have several sentences that read "Conceived by ... designed by
...." They are really two sentences, so you need a semicolon before
"designed by."

Resources: The animated GIF seems a bit crude for what is a pretty toney
site. Besides, every site worth going to more than once is "perpetually
under construction."