RE: another generation of PlayStation

by "Demitrius" <iam(at)demitrius.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:54:25 -0800
 To:  <killian(at)ilikethis.cz>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

Site critiqued:  http://www.score.cz/psmag
Viewed with a P133, 48kbps, 640x480, MSIE 4.0   and
a P266, 48kbps, 800x600, NSN 4.08

> be as ruthless as possible as i am not shopping for any unwarranted
> sugarcoating.  this site is critical to our portfolio so let me have it

Even if you ask for it, there is *never* a need for ruthlessness. Never.
Obviously you think differently, but then we all know that don't we?

Sugarcoating? Being cool, while being candid, about a critique is sugar
coating? Hmm. No comment.

index.html
Downloading was painfully slow, but your file sizes were fine, so obviously
it was problems with the network. I like the animation. Very cool. I think
that your company's logo (ilikethis!) is a bit too prominent. What are you
selling here? PlayStation or your web company?

Hmm. Why pop up a new window? Personally, that always annoys me. I never
leave them at the default size anyway. I always hit F11 and with MSIE it
goes to full screen.

The layout and graphics look great. I didn't have the time to translate the
language, so I'm in the dark as to the content. The navigation and
mouseOvers are very snazzy, although at 640 screen rez, the bottom
navigation does not line up quite right.

Kontakt link.
An email link? Why not a forms based page? This must be an oversight.

Greg White brought up a good point about your intended audience. I'm not
sure what the demographics are for your website, but I do know that my
children and all their friends play this platform. I asked 2 of them to
check out the website for the "look and feel" and they both replied that
they didn't think it looked like a kid's website. In other words, they
wouldn't stick around.

But if your intended audience is a 21+ (I'm guessing) crowd, then you've hit
your mark.

<sarcasm>There. I managed to get through this without being ruthless.
Amazing. </sarcasm>

Best,
Demitrius >I<