Re: My site does not work in NN

by "Craig Harding" <info(at)guidenet.net>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:05:42 -0500
 To:  "Neil Machin" <neil_machin(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just for the heck of it, I'd make sure there's a /BODY tag and a /HTML at
the end of the page. Your problem here is the lack of a close table tag at
about where the text fails to show (/table). Basic closing of tags will get
you every time.

Though tag closing is sometimes not required in some of the doctypes, a good
"well formed" document is required for many parsing clients like Netscape.

I don't know what editor you're using, if any, but investing in some quality
software might ensure that closing tags are always there. You might also
consider using W3C's validator, a tool for any designer. It might have
caught this along with a slew of other errors on this page. Proper HTML
structure (well formed) has nothing to do with a proported javascript
challenge.

http://validator.w3.org/

Viewed in Netscape 4.7 and MSIE 6.x.

Craig T. Harding

PS- The URI in your sig seems to throw a 404 error.