RE: please critique

by "Nelson E. Timken, Esq." <netimken(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:58:23 -0500
 To:  "Demitrius" <iam(at)demitrius.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thank you for the review Demitrius, being very green at this, I have a few
questions on how I can correct these problems.

> Site critiqued: http://www.jncapital.com
> Viewed with a P133, 640x480 @24bit, 48kbps, MSIE 4.01
>
> Your title graphic masthead.jpg is 800 pixels wide and is causing the page
> to scroll at 640x480 rez. I'd redo that graphic and crop off the
> additional
> green color at the right and reduce the pixel size to 600. Fill the cell
> with a background color instead if you need to.

I can chop off the green with imagecomposer. Can you advise privately how to
change pixel size? Thanks.

> Your table width is set to 608 pixels. Try 600 instead as this will
> eliminate that nasty horizontal scroll bar for people with 640x480 rez.

I presume I can just drag in the right guide to do this.

> For your text, I don't know that Heading 3 is a good choice. Try starting
> out with a normal size Arial font and increase the font size a
> click or two
> instead. Just click that "A" icon with the up arrow next to it in your
> toolbar.

Thanks again- the font size I can correct with no problem!

Nelson