RE: Help with site in NN & IE

by "John Woram" <jworam(at)msn.com>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:15:10 -0500
 To:  "Bill Callihan" <billc7(at)home.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>>Bill Calahan http://www.quanah.net/ wrote: "I am at my wits end trying to
make my customer's page look consistent =
with IE and NN browsers.

I think the following would help resolve the browser differences.

First, use only "Net Safe" colors. For example, replace your "#ffd750" with
"#FFCC66" which is the nearest equivalent. For each RGB value, use ONLY 00,
33, 66, 99, CC or FF. If you can find a satisfactory color using these
values, it should look pretty much the same in both browsers.

As for the background color bar running behind your <H2> level texts, if you
want the bar to run the entire width of the page in both browsers, try the
following instead of the <H2> tags:

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" BGCOLOR="#FFCC66">
<TR>
<TH><SPAN STYLE="font-size:200%; color:#FF0000">
Verifiable Expertise in the Insurance Industry
</SPAN></TH>
</TR></TABLE>

By making it a table that takes up 100% of the page width, both browsers
will color it as desired. The <TH> tag forces the text to be centered, and
the stuff in the <SPAN> tag sets the font size and font color. Just change
the colors and the font size to whatever values look best to you.