RE: Cartoonist Site for Comment

by "Russell Glissmann" <rglissma(at)canicom.com>

 Date:  Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:29:48 -0600
 To:  "HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Steve;
IE 4.01 SP2, zillions of colors, T1.
Quick loading.  Some people will whine about the use of frames, but it
really doesn't detract from the site.  Loose the background image on the
first page, and on the artwork page.  On both the tiling of the background
looks really weird, more specifically, the lines separating the sections are
very distracting.  Also the background is so overpowering the tendency is to
look at it, rather than the content.  If you are not going to link from the
home page, then don't underline the first few words.  These look like links,
when they are not.  People will try to click on them, only to find out
nothing happens.
I do like the artwork, very talented.  I only wish I had half of that kind
of talent.  The b/w poster is really good!
Keep working, the site has a lot of potential.  Have him look at the site as
a drawing, and see if it meets his expectations in that manner.

Russ