FW: Need a quick site-layout critique

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:06:05 -0600
 To:  "HTML Writers Guild / Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

-----Original Message-----
From:	Elias Thienpont [mailto:elias(at)assumptionabbey.com]
Sent:	Thursday, June 24, 1999 20:04
To:	Memoirs
Subject:	RE: Need a quick site-layout critique

You have made a nice website, and while I did not visit the whole thing, I
do like your color selections. The narrow middle screen text is easy to
read. You cannot get away from the GeoCity Banners, and they are sure better
than the pop-ups, you can go into the GeoGuide manager, and specify a
matching background color for that top piece, and if I am not mistaken, also
for the font color on that strip as well. Make it blend into your site a
little more if you like. I do not find the curly letters to be distracting,
and I think it loads quickly enough. There is a broken link icon on each
page, but there is no ALT tag to describe it.

Nice Job.
Elias

I'm mostly concerned about aesthetics, color combinations, legibility of
text in graphics, and load time.  The darn GeoCities banner, at least on my
computer, seems to take forever, but that's just a fact of life for now.  I
get about two to seven hundred hits a month and this month, with the new
layout, I have received everything from "Great new layout!" to "Too much
green" and "Can't read the curly-que letters!..." so please let me know what
you think.  Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely,
Jacqueline