RE: one more time

by "Marion Podolski" <marion(at)podolski.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:22:50 -0700
 To:  "Marci" <marphil(at)radcad.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
http://www.marciscreations.com/

Hi Marci,

I think this looks rather more like a professional site than your original,
which looked to me more like a personal home page. This has a nice clean
look to it, and is more likely to impress prospective clients. :o)

A small point, but I do wonder why you're bothering to use frames? From the
size of your pages, it's not really necessary. However, that's not a big
issue, I just prefer to avoid frames unless I have a good reason for them.

I do have a problem with the load time, though - it's slow because of your
nice chair picture. The chair image is actually 478 x 656, but shrunk to 179
x 248 on the page. That picture is 172KB by itself, when ideally your entire
page should weigh in at less than 40KB. I'm on a slow modem connection here,
and I would really like to see that picture shrunk down to its correct size
before you send it to me! You should be able to do that in whichever
application you use to work on images. (BTW, I think you also lost a leg of
that white chair somewhere?)

I liked the chair picture, and the designer association. But, I feel that
you should make it clearer that you are a Web Designer. Otherwise Marci's
Creations may get enquiries from people about chair coverings!

Good Luck

Marion

MSIE 4.01, NN 4.51, 28k modem, 24 bit Color, 1280x1024 with Large Fonts