RE: Commercial and Not-For-Profit web site critique request...

by "Webmaster" <webmaster(at)webwham.com>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:02:16 -0400
 To:  "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat(at)lynx.dac.neu.edu>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry, I just realized you indicated you had to scroll to the right... this
was not the case for the client I visited on Friday that was running at
640x480 on an ATI video card and Pentium 200Mhz machine with a 15" monitor.

I will confirm the need to scroll horizontally on each site, under 640x480,
on both my laptop (which defaults to 800x600), and my desktop (which
defaults to 1024x768).

It's hard to please the masses... If I design for 640x480 (and scale the
graphics accordingly), the 1024x768 people don't stay because the graphics
and text are too small...

This is why I choose the middle ground of 800x600, and the stats seem to
bear this out...

Gil Tennant
Webmaster at WebWham
http://www.webwham.com

Designing fine sites like the Williamsburgh Community Web Site -
http://www.williamsburgh.org