RE: NEW SITE

by "Robert Couture" <rob(at)web-artist.com>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jan 1999 01:31:07 -0500
 To:  "HWG - Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Adrian!

Mmmm ... splash page is kinda dull.  Really plain.  I expected a refresh
into the site that didn't come.  I would put a refesh in.

[Note: in NS 2.02 and NS 3.04 the splash page is left aligned.  (If that
matters)]

The Navigation frame has both vertical and horizontal scroll bars @ 640x480.
Who is that smiling woman on the main page -- she scares me :)  I really
think that picture is rather abrupt and distracting.  The logo is rather
neat though.

On the Services and Sub Pages, if you are in a non CSS Browser bullets look
too big because the text size is standard with normal font.  The bottom
quote is left aligned throwing off the angled layout.

Over all, I think it needs some more pizzaz.  Something's missing, I just
can't think of what.  As for the scrolling CTC logo ... I like the logo, but
that scrolling thing reminds me of the site with a letter "g" that I find
annoying :)  (No names mentioned)

That's all I have for now ... :)

Robert Couture
"The Web Artist"