Re: Critique

by "Paul Rudolf" <paul(at)ntyc.net>

 Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:01:35 -0700
 To:  <bbeirne(at)snet.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Brian!

The site looks good.

I did have problems with my version of IE4 with the Y2K update.  3 tries and
I had to shut down and reboot each time.  Might be due to your JavaScript,
or the problem may with my system.  The only way to tell is to see if anyone
else experiences the ol' "illegal operation" error.

I also loaded your site with Netscape 4.07 for Linux.  At least that machine
didn't crash!  :)

A quick look with LYNX (Linux) indicated some layout problems.  May I
suggest you use alt="*" instead of alt="folder".    When viewed with a text
browser, the word "folder" precedes the text for the link.  The use of "*"
looks more like a bullet and is more readable.

Sideways scrolling is necessary when viewed at 640 X 480.

Glad to see you intend to use some of the validation tools!

paul