RE: please look at the front page of this site..

by "Marion Podolski" <marion(at)podolski.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:33:26 -0700
 To:  "Kim Mitchell" <kim(at)who-knows.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
http://www.who-knows.com

Hi Kim,

It looks like you've put in a lot of technical work on this site to get the
database access and updates to work. I think you need to spend some more
time also on the message and style of its appearance. A site to match up
consultants with clients should, I feel, have a more professional look.
People will judge the standard of the consultants held in the database by
the image conveyed by the web-site. I'd re-think the graphics on the front
page, if I were you.

Also, from the consultant side, I felt that I'd like to know more about who
is running this site if I'm going to register my business details here.
There really isn't much information provided. Tell me why I should use this
site to advertise my services, instead of, say, monster.com?

Basically, think about WHO will be using this site, and WHAT they will
expect to get out of it. The technical issues are important, but so are the
usability and impact issues.

Good luck

Marion

MSIE 4.01, NN 4.51, Opera 3.51 28k modem, 24 bit Color, 1280x1024 with Large
Fonts