Re: Restaurant critique request

by "Steve Schieberl" <ewdg(at)ewdg.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jul 1999 22:53:34 -0700
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> If you change your <Body> tag to
> <BODY  TOPMARGIN="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0"
> BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF>
> and eliminate the
> <BR>&nbsp;<BR>
> tags under the <body> tag, everything will move up and the viewer will be
> able to see the entire page on screen without scrolling.

You're probably going to get flamed with W3 disapproval comments from other
listers for that suggestion.  Just to make things even worse for them, I
will add this tip:

And/or use the CSS in the <head> of your document:

<!--
body {margin-left:0; margin-top:0; margin-right:0; margin-bottom:0;}
-->

I mean, do we ALWAYS have to do what W3 says?  If it works for the majority
of browsers, and we have the means to test it, or we have an "advanced"
target audience, then I say just do whatever.

To conform to any set of rules is to withhold imagination, innovation, and
originality.

- Steve