Re: where to get the "design" rules? maybe [OT]

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:05:17 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

-<snip>

>Why not have a site giving tips on how to make a site aesthetically
beautiful or at least
>serviceably pleasing for those who do not have that latent artistic
ability?
>I for one have searched in many places for such a site, but have only found
>many that talked about the "web designing" that is actually more accurately
>labeled as "web mechanics" (html, javascript, and such).

Hi Liz:

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to teach another person how to be
artistic, but I've seen some sites that certainly try, if only by example.

Some of my favorite sites and people whom I've learned a great deal from
include:

***Lance Arthur***  ( http://www.glassdog.com/ )

    ---in particular, check out what he and another web designer have to say
about the art of creating a good website :
http://www.glassdog.com/designers/

***Magdalena Donea*** ( http://www.kia.net/maggy/ )

   ---I want this woman to have my children (at least 100 for starters).
She makes some of the most beautifully intricate websites I've ever seen.

Check out their links to sites they enjoy; you'll find quite a bit of talent
in their circle of friends.  So much that it makes me sick!  ;)

Mike
http://w3.one.net/~lonewolf/