Re: critique - image map/navigation

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:35:04 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Well... you asked ;-)  I'd say cheesy is an understatement.  If this were a
warez
>site or a homepage i'd say... uhhh, whatever... but for a professional
website
>studio... yeah... pretty unprofessional and well cheesy.

Hmm.  I don't find anything cheesy about it.  I think it displays a lot of
creativity.

> I however do like some
>of the liquid/chrome effects, granted they are easily enough automated
using KTP
>or Alien Skin.

I don't think the graphic design on this page can be so easily dismissed by
off-handedly mentioning "automated" features of any software product.  It's
very evident there's a great deal of originality and individuality to this
site, and you can't find that in any graphics program, no matter how easy it
is to use.

>Otherwise obnoxiously huge (file size/dimensions)

I do agree that the download time needs to be worked on.

Mike
http://w3.one.net/~lonewolf/