Re: Please critique http://susanfoley.com

by "Karin Christensen" <karin(at)imagecyte.com>

 Date:  Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:48:26 -0800
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Emily,
To me it looks bare.  There is no focus.  My eyes wandered
around a bit trying to decide where to look.  All the type
is about the same with the same emphasis even though it is
different colors or italicized it is still all the same.
Also the phone number in the center of the homepage is
broken up into two lines when it doesn't need to be.

I'd say, give me something (besides the photo) that draws my
attention first then make me want to explore other parts of
the site.  Even if it is just a strong heading or a graphic
line or two that divides the space into a logical
navigation.

Karin Christensen
Scientific Illustration & Animation
http://imagecyte.com/

> Please note the photo on the top left is there at the
insistence of the client.  That exact one and no other.