Re: critique - snake farm

by "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:53:29 -0400
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Phil,
I concur with what Colin has said below, but I'd like to add my own comments
(and since someone complained about not giving reasons, I'll add them as
well):

Splash page - I think this one depends upon your audience.  If they're
impatient, they may not want to click through one page just to get one with
information.

"Designed for ..." -  I looked at the site following your instructions and
it worked nicely.  Then I looked at it at 640x480 and 256 colors.  Not
pretty.  Unless you know all your visitors will (or even can) set their
browser to your recommendations, I'd develop for the lowest common
denominator (ok, let the flames begin ;-)

Frames - Personally, I'm in the anti-frame camp because they make
bookmarking and browsing in multiple browser versions very difficult.

That being said, I like the color scheme and the pages and images load
QUICKLY (56K modem).

All in all, a good start

Mike Eovino
Webmaster